Sunday, November 27, 2011
Parking at Slippery Rock
As an off campus resident, I believe that parking is a major issue on this campus. It is hard to get a parking spot right in the middle of the day and still make it for class. I think that they need to make more commuter lots, or just have students who do not live near the campus get first parking opportunities. If students live in campus side, or south rock on Keister, they should have to walk to class because they take up all of the parking spots 100 feet away from their apartment. It will give students who live at the Heights, and other places not near campus to be able to come to class and actually get there on time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am as well an off campus resident and I completely agree parking is so difficult on campus. I live at the heights and it only takes me five minutes to get to campus, which means I should leave fifteen minutes early right? No, I have to leave 30-35 minutes early to possibly be able to get a spot, not 100% get a spot, I have a chance to get a spot if I leave that early. The worst part about the parking, is that no teachers want to hear the excuse I couldn't find a parking spot, when that truly is the reason students are late to class. If the campus could add a couple more lots, that would be useful, but I feel it would be really exensive for Slippery Rock to do that.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you say that we need more parking. I think one way to solve this is by building a few small car garages. Building these would give the students more places to park. That way we would not have to leave a half an hour before class to try to find a parking spot. I usually try to walk classes, but since this weather has started to turn,I have decided to drive more to class. However until there is something done with parking I will have to leave at least 30 min early to find a spot.
ReplyDelete